Family dentistry is a branch of dentistry that maintains excellent oral health for the entire family. It focuses on ensuring positive dental experiences for each family member. Our family dentistry in SE Calgary, AB, offers various dental services ranging from cosmetic dentistry to preventive dentistry.
The dental teams in general dentistry work with each family member for a long time, which helps them understand and respond to their various oral care needs. For family dentistry to be effective, you need a dentist who can take excellent care of your family’s oral health. Therefore, a family dentist near you must be chosen carefully as they cater to the oral care needs of both children and adults.
After Completing a Cleaning
STARBUCKS GIFT CARD
For each new patient referral
Complimentary Emergency Consultations
Walk In appointments Available
Differences Between Family Dentistry And General Dentistry
Although both branches of dentistry provide similar services, there are subtle differences between the two. For example, family dentistry addresses all oral health needs from infancy to adulthood at every stage of life.
The family dentist in Calgary is uniquely equipped to deal with specific oral health needs for people of all ages and provide a family-friendly environment and office hours. You can schedule appointments for several members of the family at the same time.
General dentistry’s attention leans towards maintaining a healthy smile but not a specific area of specialization. A general dentist restricts the patients to a particular age group. You have to seek other dentists near you so that the oral needs of all your family members are met.
Choosing a Family Dentist
There are things to consider when choosing a family dentist in SE Calgary. Some of them are:
- The qualification and experience that the dentist holds to make sure that they are certified to practice family dentistry.
- Which services the dentist offers so that you do not have to look for other dentists to provide services your family needs regularly.
- The location of the dentist’s office relative to your home and office. You do not have to travel a far distance for dental services.
- Accessibility to the dental office is important, especially when you have older or disabled people in the family. Therefore, there should be features such as a wheelchair stairway lift in place so that the patients can reach the office easily.
- Whether the dentist is equipped to respond to dental emergency cases
- If the dentist uses advanced technology, it assists in detecting hidden dental issues that may not have otherwise been noticed.
Family Dentistry Services
You can visit the family dentistry near you for a variety of services, including:
- Cleanings and examinations
- Fluoride treatments
- Dental sealants
- Cavity diagnosis and treatment
- Prevention, detection and treatment of gum disease
- Root canals
- Tooth extraction
- Dental veneers
- Tooth extraction
Benefits of Family Dentistry
- You will receive excellent dental health services and education taking care of your dental health at home. For example, your toddler can be taught proper brushing techniques as your dad is taught the correct way to clean his dentures.
- It is easy to track your children’s development as the dentist in SE Calgary ensures that your child has healthy dental development.
- Dental problems in the family can be prevented or detected early and treated before they advance and require invasive procedures.
- In case of an emergency, you are assured of receiving treatment from your family dentist. In addition, since your dental history is available at that particular dental office, you will receive fast and effective treatment as much diagnosis is not required.
- Your family members do not need to go to different dental offices for various treatments as services for each family member are available in a single dental clinic.
- Family dentistry saves you precious time as you can have multi-dental appointments for members of your family.
- You are assured of receiving personalized care as the dentist understands the needs of each member. For instance, if your child has dental phobia, the family dentist in Calgary will ease his anxiety before beginning any procedure.
At Meadows View Dental, we utilize the latest and most advanced technology and the latest treatment techniques to ensure that each member of your family receives effective oral care. So kindly contact our family dentist in Calgary for all your dental needs in a family-friendly environment.